[ajdt-dev] Summary of AJDT Plug-in Development Meeting (2002-08-22)

NEWS

IBM Hursley's Matthew Webster and two Extreme Blue interns, Rory Slaney and Sian Whiting, have produced the first version of the Aspect Visualizer tool.  We expect this new structure view to be useful for visualizing crosscutting in larger systems, and plan on distributing it as an add-on to AJDT.  Screenshot: http://aspectj.org/home/ea/aspectVisualizer.jpg

ACTIONS

* File documentation feature requests in Bugzilla. (Adrian)

* Resolve 22152 bug, ask for AJDE API assistance if necessary. (Adrian)

* Explore using toolbars rather than buttons to resolve bug 21858. (Andy)

* Resolve 22258 and 22340 bugs. (Andy)

* Resolve 22412 bug. (Mik)

* Implement the AJDE API changes required by the Aspect Visualizer. (Mik)

* Move 0.5.1 to official download directory. (Mik)

* Inform eclipse.technology users of proper AJDT support use and update web site with corresponding documentation. (Mik)

DECISIONS

* The 0.5.2 release is planned for Friday, August 23rd.

* The 1.0 release of the plug-in is tentatively planned for the beginning of November in order to coincide with OOPSLA.

* The first public release of the Aspect Visualizer plug-in component is tentatively planned for September 13th.  Due to the dependency on GEF's com.ibm.etools.draw2d it will be distributed as an add-on to the AJDT plug-in.

* We will continue versioning the plug-in with _0.x.y directory names and instructions for uninstalling.  This will lead to some user confusion when multiple versions of a plug-in are installed, so using Eclipse's Update Manager would be preferable.  Since only "features" seem to use it we'll hold off on the Update Manager until other plug-ins have demonstrated usage.  Adopting it could coincide well with integrating AJDT with dev.eclipse.org's automatic build process.

* We will use bugzilla for tracking features/enhancements as well as defects.  The features IDs will be linked to a development plan available on the web site.  This development plan will be posted the week following the 0.5.2 release.

* We will use Bugzilla's comments and attachments rather than email for tracking report progress.

Regards,

Mik

--
Mik Kersten