Re: [aether-users] Aether 1.0.2 on Maven Central but not on p2 update site?

Hi Jason,

> We won’t be releasing any p2 update sites and we’re actually in the process of migrating the parts of the Aether we need back into the Maven project.
>
> Aether was not a success at Eclipse, unfortunately.

I'm sad to hear that -- and a little bit surprised that this wasn't
announced on this list, AFAIK, and that the website is silent about this.

Anyway, can you please shed light on a few issues:

- Why was it not a success at Eclipse? Lack of external contributors?
Too much paperwork? Anything else?

- Will Aether still be available as a standalone library or become part
of a bigger maven-repository-utils library? This is important for
clients like Code Recommenders, which just need the minimal set of
dependencies necessary to interact with Maven-like repositories.

- Will you still distribute JARs with OSGi headers even if you yourself
don't publish p2 update sites? That way, we can at least use Orbit to
still consume Aether, although the process for us Eclipse projects
becomes more cumbersome then.

- What is the new mailing list to ask questions about Aether? Will there
an aether-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? And what bug tracker to use (in case
the Eclipse Bugzilla is no longer being monitored)?

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH