Re: [aether-users] define multiple local repositoris

Hi,

> the reason is that I am building one application, to handle its own
> local maven repository... so I would like to add some feature like, if
> the artifact is not found in the embeded application maven
> repository...to check the local m2. repository

the "embeded application maven repository" is a remote repository,
right? Then what you describe sounds like .m2/repository should, for the
purpose of your resolution request at least, also be viewed as a
*remote* repository. AFAIK, Aether automatically queries one remote
repository after the other on a request, so simply make "embeded
application maven repository" your first remote repo should result in
the fallback behavior you want.

There is one issue, however: AFAIK, the on-disk format of .m2/repository
is not exactly the same as the on-disk format of a  remote repository
with file: URI; the paths to the metadata files (maven-metadata.xml) are
different. You should be able, however, to write a remote repository
implementation (with a type other than "default", say, "local") that
wraps a local repository and transparently converts between the
different conventions for path names. I am sure someone more
knowledgeable than I can tell you either how to do this or why this is a
really bad idea. ;-)

Hope this helps.

Andreas

--