[aether-users] List artifacts from a given group in a repository?

Hello.  I saw the answer about not being able to list all artifacts in
a given repository, and that it's not in the scope of Aether to do
that, but I am wondering if it can list artifacts and their versions
for a given group in a repository.  Relying on the index presupposes
that the index is currently valid.  We have seen occasions where the
index is not valid, and that means that it needs to be
updated/repaired/rebuilt, and we would not like to meet this condition
in production.  Currently, I am using a Nexus rest service to get XML
metadata about items in a group, and then inspecting
maven-metadata.xml to get version information, but it could probably
be done much cleaner with Aether if it has the capability.  If not, is
there an alternative to indexing for at least some limited search
functionality?

Thanks,
Steve

Back to the top