[aether-users] Issue with transporterFactory

Hi all,

Going to try my best to describe my problem. I’m trying to publish to a private Nexus Sonatype repository. I have disabled anonymous access and added a user to deploy as.  I have Nexus running behind Apache over SSL when I deploy; so when I try to publish from my local machine to my remote Nexus I am receiving no errors and getting authenticated just fine. However part of the infrastructure must communicate with Nexus from the same host within Docker containers.

So lets say Nexus is in a Docker container with IP = 100.1.1.1 and Port 8081. My other process (also in a local Docker container) is trying to communicate with the Nexus directly via <ip>:<port> and actually passes authentication along in the repositoryBuilder. However, I’m getting the following error on the said communication:

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Could not transfer artifact some_com:myproduct:xml:product:X.X-SNAPSHOT from/to 100.1.1.1:8081/nexus/content/repositories/myreleases (100.1.1.1:8081/nexus/content/repositories/myreleases): Cannot access 100.1.1.1:8081/nexus/content/repositories/myreleases with type default using the available connector factories: BasicRepositoryConnectorFactory

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.performDownloads(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:531)

at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:421)

and further down…

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.NoTransporterException: Cannot access 100.1.1.1:8081/nexus/content/repositories/myreleases using the registered transporter factories: HttpTransporterFactory, FileTransporterFactory

In our session factory these are the only ones that have been added (BasicRepositoryConnectorFactory, FileTransporterFactory,HttpTransporterFactory).

However, when I try and make the call by using domain name everything works fine here. (By making the call to myNexus.example.com essentially and building that repo with the RepositoryBuilder and adding authentication handler to it with appropriate auths.

Any ideas on which Factory I should be using? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Kyle Crumpton

Back to the top