Re: [aether-users] Authorization Problem when Deploying

Hello Benjamin,

perfect again - it works! :-)

However, for deploying artifacts, it might be easier to employ the same code that the maven-deploy-plugin uses, i.e. the ArtifactDeployer and MavenProject.getDistributionManagementArtifactRepository(). I see no benefit in using Aether directly for this.

Yes, in the very beginning of implementing my Maven Plugin, I tried to do exactly this. But somehow I messed up with the Maven 2.x, 3.0.x, and 3.1.0 dependencies and now I am unable to use the "old" ArtifactDeployer.

Using Aether, it seems to work now. Is there any constraint that makes you argue that this approach is "dangerous" or "not recommended"?

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards
Timo

Back to the top