Re: [aether-users] Questions about Aether demo code

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lothar Werzinger wrote:

I assumed (perhaps naively) that the Aether project's p2 site would host
the *-aether-provider's.
Is there a technical or licensing issue that prevents you from offering
the maven-aether-provider via your p2 update site? If there is a licensing
issue, could you provide an auxiliary update site (like CDO does for the
underlying database connectors)

As seen in Aether's IP log, the relevant dependencies are licensed under Apache License v2 and have been approved by the IP team. So AFAIK there isn't a licensing issue that prevents their redistribution via a p2 repo.

There is however a process issue: The maven-aether-provider depends on Aether core and by the time Aether core and its p2 repo get released, a matching maven-aether-provider is not yet available.

I'm not quite sure if I understand the problem. The demo code suggests that a maven-aether-provider is available somehow.

At the time when the p2 repository is to be created, could you not build Aether core and all the dependent *-aether-provider's and then publish everything?
AFAIK you can even have individual p2 repos for your builds and then an aggregate p2 repo for the distribution (like Eclipse does for the release trains).

 So at one point, we can probably provide a second p2 repo to host the maven-aether-provider.

I would certainly very much welcome such a repository :-)

Benjamin

Thanks!
--

Lothar Werzinger

Principal Architect

Tradescape, Inc. - Enabling Efficient Digital Marketplaces

+1-650-931-6719 (direct)

+1-800-697-6068 (main) Ext. 116

lothar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.tradescape.biz

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore Tradescape will not be liable for the message if modified.

-

Back to the top