Re: [aether-users] Can't install aether via p2

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lothar Werzinger wrote:

   Software being installed: Aether Core (Incubation) 0.9.0.M2
(org.eclipse.aether.feature.feature.group 0.9.0.M2)
   Missing requirement: Aether Connector AsyncHttpClient (Incubation)
0.9.0.M2 (org.eclipse.aether.connector.asynchttpclient 0.9.0.M2) requires
'package com.ning.http.client [1.7.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found

Damn it, I hadn't considered the lack of a p2 repo to provide that version when I updated the dependency. Sorry.

How can I install aether via p2?

Other than setting up a p2 repo to host the missing the dependency, I'm not sure you can. Depending on the way you call p2, you might be able to not reference the broken feature but just the bundles directly, excluding the *.asynchttpclient one.

I am using the "install external software" menu in eclipse (helios) and the only thing I can select is
 * Aether Core
 * Aether Core Sources

There's no finer grain IUs available.

FWIW, the next milestone does no longer depend on AsyncHttpClient but Apache's HttpClient which is available from Orbit.

I added Orbit, but that does not solve the problem. I also checked the Orbit site and it does not list the missing "com.ning.http.client" as being contained in Orbit

When is the next milestone? If it's not soon, can you move the asynchttpclient into it's own feature so that it can be de-selected in the current p2 repository?

Benjamin

Thanks in advance!
--

Lothar Werzinger

Principal Architect

Tradescape, Inc. - Enabling Efficient Digital Marketplaces

+1-650-931-6719 (direct)

+1-800-697-6068 (main) Ext. 116

lothar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.tradescape.biz

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore Tradescape will not be liable for the message if modified.

-

Back to the top