Re: [aether-users] Why two Artifact interfaces?

Cristiano Gavião wrote:

I would like to access artifacts at existent maven repositories inside an
integration test (not using mojos). Am I ok to use org.eclipse.aether.*
rather than org.sonatype.aether.* ?

Yes, for a test, I don't see an issue with using either version of Aether directly. When using Eclipse Aether 0.9.0.M2, be sure to depend on maven-aether-provider:3.1.0-alpha-1, maven-aether-provider:3.0.x isn't compatible with Eclipse Aether.

Will Aether able us to access artifacts at p2 repositories too ?

Unless you write a repository connector for p2 repositories, no, there is currently no existing code to support accessing p2 repositories with Aether.

Benjamin

Back to the top