Re: [aether-users] Why two Artifact interfaces?

Cristiano Gavião wrote:

I'm starting with Aether and Maven plugin development.

while creating a plugin that process it dependencies in POM I noted two
Artifact interfaces:

  * org.apache.maven.artifact.Artifact

  * org.sonatype.aether.artifact.Artifact

they have different purposes?

Aether and Maven are separate projects, both define their own APIs, even for concepts they have in common.

A similar question came up before, so you might want to check out [0] as well.

Note that a couple days ago, Maven 3.1.0-alpha-1 was released which now uses org.eclipse.aether.* rather than org.sonatyp.aether.* under the hood. So where possible, you should code your mojo to use org.apache.maven.* APIs for best compatibility.

Benjamin

[0] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aether-users/msg00058.html

Back to the top