Re: [aether-users] Eclipse Aether VersionResolver Implementations?

Mike McGarr wrote:

I am having trouble
finding a working Maven compatible VersionResolver to work with Eclipse Aether.
  What is the current recommended approach for adding Maven inside
Eclipse Aether,
or should I just use the Sonatype Aether since they are compatible with
each other

There is currently no released version of the maven-aether-provider which is based on Eclipse Aether. So if you need something stable, you will have to go with the last release of Sonatype Aether together with the maven-aether-provider:3.0.x

If you don't mind building things yourself, I maintain a fork of Maven employing Eclipse Aether as showcase on Github [0]. This work has recently been picked up by the Maven team and made it into an eclipse-aether branch of their ASF git repo [1]. When going down that path, you might find the New and Noteworthy [2] helpful which lists some non-obvious differences compared to Sonatype Aether.

Benjamin

[0] https://github.com/bentmann/maven-3
[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/eclipse-aether
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aether/New_and_Noteworthy