Re: [aether-users] Upgrade project to to latest Wagon, Aether provider and API

Thomas Sant'ana wrote:

     <properties>
         <aetherVersion>1.13.1</aetherVersion>
         <mavenVersion>3.0.4</mavenVersion>
         <wagonVersion>2.2</wagonVersion>
     </properties>
[...]
1) What is the proper version of the Wagon, Api and Maven provider to use
for an aether embedded (only HTTP as a wagon)?

The versions you specified match what is used in Maven 3.0.4 which to my knowledge generally works.

2) When I moved to 3.04 and 1.13.1 I have the following code with a
deprecated:

   private static RepositorySystem newRepositorySystem() {
     DefaultServiceLocator locator = new DefaultServiceLocator(); // <---
Deprecated

From the Javadoc of that class:
@deprecated use {@link MavenServiceLocator} instead, which is more explicit.

A proper Java IDE is usually able to answer this as well.

at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.openConnectionInternal(LightweightHttpWagon.java:277)

For issues with Maven Wagon, you generally want to contact the Maven developer list.

If you open up that class/line in a Java IDE, you see that authenticator field is null, as consequence of using manually constructing the wagon instance instead of using a Plexus container.

Benjamin

Back to the top