[actf-dev] Accessibility of the eclipse IDE

Hello,

I'm contacting this list because I've a special problem to handle the eclipse IDE.
I have to use the VoiceOver screen reader to get access to the OS X operating system (Mavericks).
As a software developer I'm also interested in implementing java applications via eclipse. But I found out that the graphical user interface is not accessible at all.
I already contacted Apple but they couldn't answer that question and only recommend me to contact you.

I want to amend that everybody can reproduce my problem by themselves.
The VoiceOver screen reader is installed on every Apple device. It can be activated and deactivated by pressing CMD+F5.
The screen reader runs in the background and has no effect on the regular work. But it shows in a separate window which parts of the GUI a visually impaired person is able to use.
Maybe this feature helps you to find out a solution.

I thank you in advance for your reply.

Kay

PS: Please don't wonder, I already posted that question in the forum but got no answer. And I think that maybe the problem rather is a case for developers...

Back to the top