[actf-dev] Documentation Question

Kentarou and others,

As I promised Kentarou during our phone conversation, here is a list of questions and problems I encountered when trying to compile
and run ACTF.

#1: open office dependencies

It seems that the four jar files from Open Office are rather necessary to build ACTF. Is this in fact true? I never could get any of
the packages to be happy until I provided the 4 jar files in the location specified by OOO_HOME.

If this is true, can we provide an easier way for a developer to obtain these files, if they don't want to have open office
installed?

I managed to find copies online, but it felt like a hack the moment I did it, and so it would be nice to simply have a way of the
user obtaining these jar files, or if at all possible, shipping with them.

2. running the code:

Once I appeased eclipse's requests for these jar dependencies, I think I got ACTF to compile; however, I could never launch
anything, like ADesigner; for example. It would always error out.

It would be great to have a set of instructions on launching things like ADesigner. I read the ones on the site; however, they never
explained what to do in case of the various errors.

Let's start with those two. I'd like to have a build environment here where I could rapidly test code contributions out, and so
please let me know how I can help test what we come up with to achieve this.

Thanks

Take care,
Sina

Back to the top