Re: [actf-dev] EclipseCon status

Yes, so you want a 60-minute talk and it is yet to be determined whether it'll be the standard long-talk in a standard long-talk venue or a standard long-talk in a large room on the main stage. BTW, I am very comfortable in front of large audiences as I was a pianist/vocalist in my prior life and stil perform regularly for clubs and corporate affairs.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/13/2008 01:01 PM

Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [actf-dev] EclipseCon status

Hi Mike. The EclipseCon programme committee would very much like to have
an accessibility talk on the main stage. It's just a long talk (60
minute) presented in the big room. The only real wrinkle is that the
talk needs to have a speaker who is comfortable with a room that large.
I'm hopeful that, assuming you're interested, a talk from ACTF will be
suitable.

To summarize. Please submit however many proposals you'd like. I'd very
much like for at least one talk to be a 60-minute one. I'm hopeful that
an ACTF 60-minute talk to be on the main stage. At this point, I can't
promise the main stage as I haven't seen all the submissions yet and
ultimately will choose the most appropriate talk for that venue.

Does this make sense?

Wayne