Re: [actf-dev] EclipseCon status

Hi Mike. The EclipseCon programme committee would very much like to have an accessibility talk on the main stage. It's just a long talk (60 minute) presented in the big room. The only real wrinkle is that the talk needs to have a speaker who is comfortable with a room that large. I'm hopeful that, assuming you're interested, a talk from ACTF will be suitable.

To summarize. Please submit however many proposals you'd like. I'd very much like for at least one talk to be a 60-minute one. I'm hopeful that an ACTF 60-minute talk to be on the main stage. At this point, I can't promise the main stage as I haven't seen all the submissions yet and ultimately will choose the most appropriate talk for that venue.

Does this make sense?

Wayne

Michael A Squillace wrote:
Wayne:
Definitely working on this. Should have a 1-hour long talk proposal sometime next week. What would be involved in the main-stage talk? Is this something you/the Foundation would like us to do as well?
--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
Accessibility Tools Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead
http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: actf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/13/2008 11:34 AM
Please respond to
ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ACTF developers list <actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[actf-dev] EclipseCon status

Hey folks. There's only 12 days left for submissions for EclipseCon [1]. I'm looking forward to at least one one-hour talk proposal from ACTF (and maybe a 30-minute talk). Can somebody give me some status on the abstract?

There is some interest in having an accessibility talk on the main stage (i.e. the big room).

FWIW, you don't have to get it perfectly correct the first time. You can just put *something* into the system and then fix it later...

Wayne

[1] https://www.eclipsecon.org/submissions/2009/index.php