I just wanted to add that this meeting does not aim to discuss or make any decisions about the direction of the project. This meeting is just an outreach meeting, that will introduce ACTF to researchers and hopefully get them use and contribute to ACTF.

Regards,
Yeliz.
On 26 Sep 2008, at 14:48, Mike Paciello wrote:

I concur with Wayne. There's no reason why this meeting can't take place. Chieko will be there to chair the meeting. All others can be notified. If we need to set up a conference bridge, we can make arrangements to do that as well. If we cannot have a conference call, then so be it. Some one take
notes from the meeting and distribute them to the PM and Dev list.

Regarding the September monthly meeting; we tried to schedule it earlier this month. But many, were not able to attend for various reasons. We were going to try to reschedule for the end of September (in other words, next week). I see that Kentarou has put out an initial request. Let's see where
that takes us.

- Mike

Mike Paciello
Cell: +1.603.566.7713

-----Original Message-----
From: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:43 PM
To: ACTF developers list
Cc: technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [technology-pmc] Re: [actf-dev] ACTF Hands on
meeting at ASSETS 2008

I think it'd be a shame to squander an opportunity for a
face-to-face meeting.

Having said that, it depends on the nature of the meeting. It
would be inappropriate to make binding decisions about the
direction of the project without significant participation
from the project committers (and input from the community of course).

Please try to include remote participation. The foundation
has a GoTo Meeting account that you might consider using to
provide web conferencing. It also has voice support that
*might* work (I've had limited success with it). Contact
ian@xxxxxxxxxxx to schedule.

HTH,

Wayne

Michael A Squillace wrote:
Yeliz:
I think it inappropriate to hold an ACTF dev community meeting in
which all ACTF community members cannot participate. I have
CCed the
Technology PMC (our parent project) for their opinion.

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center Accessibility Tools
Framework (ACTF) co-technical lead http://www.eclipse.org/actf

W:512.823.7423
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

             Yeliz Yesilada

             <yesilady@xxxxxx.

             ac.uk>
             Sent by:                  ACTF developers list

             actf-dev-bounces@
<actf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org
            cc

       Subject
             09/25/2008 10:10          Re: [actf-dev] ACTF
Hands on
             AM                        meeting at ASSETS
2008

             Please respond to

              ACTF developers

                   list

             <actf-dev@eclipse

                   .org>

Hi Mike,

We will look into this but we are not sure if the hotel has the
teleconferencing facilities.

Regards,
Yeliz.