[actf-dev] Validation component

Hi there,

We have been exploring aDesigner and Webelo to use and extend in our project for validating Web pages. Some of our observations are as follows: - It seems like it will be difficult to extend Webelo to write new validation rules. You have to work with XML and also encode validation rules in a scripting language, which we think will be difficult to encode some rules in a scripting language. At first, we though you could just extend the validation rules by writing XML pages but one has to encode validation rules in a scripting language. - Webelo only validates pages with Mozilla DOM which we think it is potentially a limitation because most of the assistive technologies (such as Jaws) work with Internet Explorer. Therefore it is crucial to validate pages for Internet Explorer.

These are the two main reasons why we have decided to use aDesigner. Can you please confirm that aDesigner validation component will continue to be part of Actf?

Regards,
Yeliz
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester