If m2e builder is involved in the endless build, you should be able to
see which resource changes trigger the build in Maven Workspace Build view.

Igor

On 2014-07-09, 23:20, Ian Brandt wrote:

Greetings,

I'm trying to troubleshoot what seems to be an endless build issue
with my multi-module project.  In doing so I was wondering if my
modules themselves are being built in the correct order.  According
to the following, workspace build order is computed from project
references by default:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Builders/builders.html

I don't have project references specified for any of my modules.
Workspace resolution is enabled for all of them.  I came across this
StackOverflow answer suggesting that my configuration is correct:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/10696646/235356

I want to understand why this is the case.  When I check my “General
> Workspace > Build Order" page "Use default build order" is checked,
and all my module projects are listed in a seemingly sane order (the
parent module is listed last).

Did m2e set this up during project configuration or otherwise?  If
so… Does this depend on workspace resolution being enabled?  Is the
reason to avoid project references because they will interfere with
m2e’s management of the build order?  Why is the parent module
ordered last instead of first?

Thanks,

Ian