Re: [wakaama-dev] lwM2M Arduino lib

Hi Manolis,
Answers inline

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Manolis Nikiforakis <nikil511@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to port lwM2M to ESP8266 as an Arduino library, with in the context of Eclipse Open IoT challenge.

Arduino is mentioned here and there in lwm2m presentations, but I have not found any relevant source code. If one could share any kind of arduino implementation of lwm2m on any hardware it would be of great help to get this lib started.

Yes the code is not public, but it's nothing very complex.

Alternativly, my best shortcut so far is to merge the ArduinoOTA lib with a CoaP lib and add lwm2m protocol specific features on top, and somehow convert the ArduinoOTA in to lwm2m OTA (?) ...but as I am not familiar with the low level details of the protocol yet, I can not guess the efford required, so any advice on this approach is more than welcome. As you can guess my goal is a quick and dirty hack to get things started and not to build everything by the book, from scratch.

I think your best try is to use wakaama (which embed a CoAP implementation) with the ArduinoOTA for ESP (never tried this one).
and then connect the board to the leshan sandbox.

From the Leshan GUI you will be able to send an URL to the board (through LWM2M) and from the board you can download the file and flash the ESP.