Re: [virgo-dev] Would you like to try debugging a Gemini Blueprint issue (with ECF)?

Hi Dmitry,

On 2/5/2013 11:20 AM, Dmitry Sklyut wrote:
Hello Scott,

Can you please give us a quick overview on how and when ECF intercepts service creation and gives client a proxy?

On remote service host side, ECF has a service registry hook such that if the service is registered as a remote service (i.e. with the appropriate OSGi service properties), AND the the remote service config is of ECF type (identifying an ECF provider as the appropriate exporter), the service is exported as a remote service by the ECF remote service admin impl.  It is also published for discovery.  This all happens as part of the registerService call (again given the presence of the appropriate properties).

On consumer side, when a remote service is discovered (via the discovery mechanism), the Remote Service Admin implementation importService method is called to import the remote service.  Part of the import is the creation of a proxy for the remote service, followed by the addition to the consumer's service registry of that proxy.  ECF's remote service admin only imports remote services that were exported via ECF remote services.

Scott

I think there is a very easy way out of this situation, I just would like a bit of background to validate the "easy" button.

Thanks
Dmitry

--
Dmitry Sklyut