Re: [virgo-dev] how to use virgo source code

The most straightforward way to do what you want would be to run an instance of Virgo on Computer-B, possibly under Eclipse if you can manage that.

Inside that instance of Virgo, you could create an instance of RepositoryConfiguration:

http://virgo-opengrok.springsource.org/xref/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.artifact-repository/org.eclipse.virgo.repository/src/main/java/org/eclipse/virgo/repository/configuration/RemoteRepositoryConfiguration.java

and then obtain the RepositoryFactory service from the service registry:

http://virgo-opengrok.springsource.org/xref/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.artifact-repository/org.eclipse.virgo.repository/src/main/java/org/eclipse/virgo/repository/RepositoryFactory.java

and use it to obtain a Repository instance that you could then use to query the repository on Computer-A:

http://virgo-opengrok.springsource.org/xref/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.artifact-repository/org.eclipse.virgo.repository/src/main/java/org/eclipse/virgo/repository/Repository.java

Note that the RepositoryFactory service is already configured to be imported into the user region, so your code can run as a normal Virgo application in the user region.

Hope that's enough to give you some clues!

Regards,
Glyn