Re: [virgo-dev] AspectJ and other build-time dependencies

Hi Miles,

Comments inlined :)

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Miles Parker <miles.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have these changed recently, say as part of RC release? In particular I'm seeing unsatified dependencies in o.e.v.medic and o.e.v.util for aspectj.lang [1.6.12,2.0.0). This won't work under Juno as 2.2.0 is the only compatible release of that.

We haven't changed AspectJ - it is still the same 1.6.12. Medic, Util and Kernel resolve fine against it during a ripple. I can also see it published in our Virgo p2 repo.

Also, o.e.v.kernel.artifact wants o.e.v.kernel.servicability, which doesn't seem to be provided by the Kernel feature.

That's right, the o.e.v.k.serviceability comes from the nano feature called org.eclipse.virgo.core. That's been the case since 3.5.0.M1 or M2.

Luckily, these don't seem to be affecting things at install time -- not sure why that is.

I guess that since you are composed with the full Virgo repository they are satisfied from there. Probably your target definition needs more stuff added?

Miles T. Parker
Senior Solutions Architect
Tasktop
Committer, Eclipse Mylyn and Virgo
Project Lead, Model Focussing Tools and AMP
skype: milestravisparker