From: Glyn Normington <gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnormington@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:46:22 -0500
To: Virgo Project <virgo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:virgo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [virgo-dev] CME Group Experience Report

A Summary plus link here: http://underlap.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/virgo-experience-at-cme-group.html

Conclusions:

 *   Did not hit any Virgo bugs (yet), stable, didn’t experience any crashes
 *   Problems only come from [application] code
 *   Virgo 3.x release improved memory consumption comparing to 2.1
 *   The learning curve is steep
 *   Design for modularity upfront is important
 *   Cannot [wouldn't want to?] go back to monolithic app

Regards,
Glyn

Back to the top