[virgo-dev] Virgo IDE

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Miles Parker with Tasktop, and I'll be contributing -- and hopefully, if approved by the project team, committing -- to the Virgo Tooling / IDE sub-project. I'm currently project lead for the Modeling AMP project and committer on the Model Focusing Tools project. Leo Dos Santos (cc'd) is also involved in this effort.

I don't have a huge amount of experience with Web Tooling, but I do have a good deal of experience with Eclipse and some runtime issues. I even did a blog on virgo a while back. http://milesparker.blogspot.com/2010/12/emf-and-rap-and-virgo-oh-my.html. I'm really keen on Virgo and the big picture which from what I've seen is beyond even the very important Web / J2EE tools use case, but also enabling the Eclipse stack to evolve into a platform for all sorts of non-desktop distributed usage scenarios.

The biggie task that we're setting as a priority esp. as it is a release blocker is:

But I'm going to need to put that off until I gain more familiarity with some related issues, and hopefully have committer rights, as it's likely to involve significant refactoring.

For now, I'm looking for some ways to get my chops, and will be working on some patches. I got the following list of ideas form Glyn. Personally, this is my favorite:

But that's going to take some significant work for sure, so I'll probably wait on it. So the below are what I'm currently looking at. If you have other ideas about outstanding issues, please let me know.

We probably won't be joining the conference calls as 4am is way early for our (North America PST) programmer internal clocks, but we look forward to chatting on the list.

cheers,

Miles

Back to the top