[virgo-dev] Design docs

I am starting to write up a design document to describe how regions are connected together with the aim of tidying up the framework hooks code, but before I start, I have committed the design documents from dm Server for reference. Some are defunct and refer to functions that were never implemented, but that may be of interest in itself. The documents are written in LaTeX and mostly use the Z formal specification language, but the mathematics is interspersed with English and the odd diagram, so non-mathematicians should be able to get some value from the documents.

I'll pick out a few here that may be of particular interest:

A Formal Model of OSGi R4 Modularity http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.documentation.git/tree/design-docs/osgi/osgimod.pdf (please ignore references to "the paper" which Richard Hall and I were working on - it was never published)

A Formal Model of the SpringSource OSGi R4 Resolver http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.documentation.git/tree/design-docs/osgi/resolver/resolver2.pdf (which we never implemented)

A Formal Model of the OSGi Web Container http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.documentation.git/tree/design-docs/osgi/webcontainer/webcontainer.pdf

A Formal Model of the SpringSource Application Platform http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.documentation.git/tree/design-docs/platform/platform.pdf

Repository matters http://git.eclipse.org/c/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.documentation.git/tree/design-docs/repository/repository.pdf