[virgo-dev] Snaps sub-project

I took an action at the Virgo F2F to explore the cost associated with making snaps a subproject of Virgo. Unfortunately, it seems that sub-projects cannot inherit IP records such as CQs from their parent projects, so I think the extra work would be significant. We would have to raise and maintain a bunch of piggy-back CQs for a snaps subproject.

I'm not convinced the benefits are worth the cost. Dmitry is now a full Virgo committer so snaps is already in better shape than we were at the F2F.

So I propose that we do not explore a snaps sub-project further. Anyone feel we should?

Regards,
Glyn

Back to the top