[virgo-dev] Jboss Migrating to Virgo

Hi virgo-dev,

We have investigated the Virgo project, and the Virgo is a powerful server to support the OSGI and SOA architecture.  So we planned to migrate from Jboss to Virgo, currently we use EAR deployment, but we didn't use EJB in EAR package, we use the Spring Dynamic Modules and Nuxeo OSGI module to implement distributed services, and other third part library.

For now I saw the Virgo doesn't support the directory structure of EAR package, in order to migrating to Virgo, We have to modify EAR package or implement new EAR deployment in Virgo. We compared these two approaches, and we prefer to the second one which implements the EAR deployment in Virgo, because we have hundreds of projects, it's a big risk and huge workload to modify the whole EAR packages.

And I want to know if we decide to implement a new EAR deployment, what should we to do? Is there any interface or procedure to do this? I read the User guide and Programmer Guide, but there are a few content talks about this. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for us, thanks a lot!

The directory structure of EAR package which we used is bellowing:

├─config                      -----------------> contains some configuration file, like log4j.xml
  └─autoconf
├─core                         -----------------> contains the core module for application
├─infrastructure           -----------------> contains the core module for framework