Re: [virgo-dev] Including logback.xml in the bundle

Hi Dmitry

"delegate instanceof BundleLoader" is of course the expression to probe.

You observe in the debugger that delegate is an instance of BundleLoader, but the big question is whether this is the same BundleLoader runtime type that package admin sees.

Use the debugger (while in the stack frame for getBundle) to evaluate the following expressions.

delegate.getClassLoader.loadClass("org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader")

and

this.getClass.getClassLoader.loadClass("org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader")

If the expressions yield distinct class instances, then that will be why the instanceof is failing and you'll need to try to determine why those are distinct. Read on.

BundleLoader.class.getClassLoader will return Equinox's class loader which is the JRE's application class loader, as you observe. Next, take a look at:

delegate.getClassLoader.loadClass("org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader").getClassLoader

to get the defining class loader of that instance of the BundleLoader class.

(If the expressions yield the same class instance, then I cannot explain why the instanceof is failing, but will think harder if that turns out to be the case!)

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Glyn