Re: [virgo-dev] Build System and .classpath files

I think this is the java code for the task: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1016

Not sure how current that is.   This could be a very good compromise.

Thanks!

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Patsy Phelan <pphelan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
 We had the same issues here but we modified the then "spring-build" to
include a "eclipse" target which uses ant/ivy to resolve the
dependencies and update the .classpath files for eclipse. At the our
root level build (build-all) we can iterate all the sub-bundles and
update the .classpath files.

It did mean adding a new "task" into the ivy.jar that was present in the
spring-build/lib directory. This was un-jar'd, goto the folder
org/apache/ivy/ant, new class added, antlib.xml updated to reflect the
new EclipseClasspath class, and re-jar'd again.

I would have to look for the java file for the EclipseClasspath but in
the meantime, I have attached the decompiled version of it.
(EclipseClasspath.jad). It was build agains't the ivy jar we had so
there was not much problems getting it to a class file.

The antlib.xml file in the ivy.jar was updated to include this :

      <taskdef name="eclipse"
classname="org.apache.ivy.ant.EclipseClasspath"/>

Then some slight modification in the spring-build/common/common.xml to
add a new target:

       <!-- Generate Eclipse .classpath file from ivy dependencies -->
       <target name="eclipse" description="Updates eclipse classpath."
depends="ivy.init">
               <ivy:resolve  conf="test" />
               <ivy:eclipse  conf="test" />
       </target>

At this point you can add this as a "depends" to other more complex
targets. So for us this works quite well, the developers are used to
"ant clean eclipse jar" and so into the GUIs they go. Of course,
everywhere you see spring-build start to think virgo-build.

Hope it helps,

~Patsy