Re: [virgo-dev] Why keep manifest.mf checked in?

Hi Dmitry

In general, I believe we have already deleted the checked-in manifests except for some particular cases where bundlor cannot cope. These are projects like the kernel and kernel deployer integration test projects. I dare say with enough care these projects could be moved across to use bundlor, but it wouldn't be easy as I think we've attempted this at least a couple of times in the past. Have you found other checked-in manifests? Either way, I wouldn't mind a bug or two going into the backlog which someone can pick up who has an interest.

Glyn
On 8 Jun 2010, at 03:06, Dmitry Sklyut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it still makes sense keeping all of the MANIFEST.MF files around?  Bundlor will regen them anyway.
> The only reason is to have immediately importable project for IDE usage.  But in that case I would hope to see a really slimmed down version without any OSGi metadata outside of Bundle-SymbolicName, Bundle-Name and Version.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitry
> <ATT00001..txt>

Back to the top