[viatra-dev] discussion topic for the next meeting: VQL language options

Hi everyone!

There are a number of ongoing issues where various VQL language mechanisms would benefit from parameterizable behaviour.
- In context of the dangling edges issue (Bug 512752), we are planning to introduce the language option that VQL patterns be translated into PQuerys with stricter semantics (guaranteed rejection of dangling edges). This requires a mechanism to specify semantics options for patterns.
- There are a number of ways we are planning to make the VQL code generator customizable, so that fewer files could be generated (improving the performance of the IDE). This requires a mechanism to specify code generator options for patterns.

Ideally, these options could be chosen
- for each pattern individually (as annotation, or as a dedicated language keyword), or
- for the scope of a vql file (though we do not have the ‘group’ language element yet), or
- for the entire query project (either in project properties, or via .vqlgen)

I believe we should discuss these on the next meeting.

Cheers,
Gábor

Back to the top