Re: [tycho-user] Tycho 2.1.0 cannot run tests with Java 1.8 anymore. Bug?

Hi

You have to use something fairly recent to build and test the current build, else you will inevitably die from a legacy breakage. This is what the ocl-master job does.

Each ocl-compatibility jobs just installs the current build product on a legacy platform and (re-)runs most of the current tests, albeit with a small amount of run-time tailoring for evolving EMF/UML2/Xtext functionality. These tests live in the past, so using the old Tycho is appropriate and will be good until the Jenkins support evolves to a point where Java 8 and a corresponding Eclipse no longer run. Yes org.eclipse.ocl.compatibility.tests/pom.xml is hardwired to Tycho 1.6.0; it could usefully be parameterized to match the version appropriate to the Eclipse version under test. At present the minimal actions of compiling six Java test file wrappers before running surefire works fine; none of the more interesting deployment plugins are necessary. Until Jenkins breaks, I see no need to move the compatibility testing onwards.

    Regards

        Ed Willink