[tycho-user] Rootfiles and OSX

Hi,
I have some trouble with the root property in build.properties in combination with OSX builds. For example, when following this demo application: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Demo_Projects/RCP_Application, the root files are placed inside org.eclipse.tycho-demo/itp04-rcp/eclipse-repository/target/products/example.product.id/macosx/cocoa/x86_64/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse. I think this is the wrong directory and should be Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS instead.

Accessing org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.getInstanceLocation() returns Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS and thus fails when trying to load files from this Location. Also, want to use the root files feature to add an agent jar which I can reference relatively like so: -javaagent:byte-buddy-agent-1.3.19.jar. This only works when the jar is placed inside the MacOS folder.

Is there any way to modify the default OSX rootfile location from Eclipse to MacOS? May this be a bug in Tycho itself?

Thank you,

Felix

Back to the top