[tycho-user] doubts on target definition file includeMode

Hi,

I'm trying the staged 0.16.0.

I used to build my product using only p2 repositories but now I'm trying the eclipse-target-definition packaging with a hope to reduce the building time.

I could note that a target definition location could be set using includeMode planner or slicer.

To create a target file using the planner include mode was easy and the build ran properly. But I couldn't note any performance gain.

But I couldn't create a target file using the slicer include mode because its was hard to find all the needed dependencies.

Is there any way that tycho help me find the calculated dependencies so I could create a target file using slice mode easily ?

And could someone tell me if is there any advantage, related to the build time, when using includeMode = 'slicer' ?

thanks,

Cristiano

Back to the top