[tracecompass-dev] Proposal: add Math Package to common core

Hi all,

TMF common core should not get big, we need it to be as light weight as
possible.

I am proposing to add to it a Math package to handle saturated math.
Currently the code is in TmfTimestamp, moving it to common core is
simple. I checked 4 months ago, the guava saturated math was not very
fast for our fast path as it throws exceptions. I did not find any other
lib alternatives that works.

Our maintainer model remains as a consensus model for TMF.core and
especially common core. I am therefore asking anyone if there are any
objections to this. If you don't feel like publicly objecting, a direct
reply is welcome.

BR,

Matthew

Back to the top