Re: [tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass Neon Release Preparation

Of course I meant Neon in the title :-)

On 03/23/2016 02:38 PM, Bernd Hufmann wrote:

Hello

Neon release is approaching fast and I would like to share the plan and deadlines for Trace Compass for the Neon release. Trace Compass project plans to release version 2.0 for that.

Feature/API Freeze:
The feature/API freeze for Neon will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of May 18/2016. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 2.0 release should be reviewed and merged to master before May 18/2016. I'll create the release branch stable-2.0 right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:
Like every previous release, we'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features a working properly. For that, a test specification exists and can be found under [1] for reference. It still needs updates for new features that are not covered by automated tests. Up to now, the tests have been executed by a group of committers, but if someone else from the community is interested to participate, please let us know.

Release Notes:
I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [2] and I've been trying to keep the N&N update-to-date throughout the year. If I missed something, please feel free to add missing items. The deadline for release notes is June 02/2016.

Release Review;
I'll take of the preparation of the release review. Just for your information, the deadlines for the reviews are listed here:

- May 26/2016 - IP Log submission deadline
- June 02/2016 - Review materials due
- June 09/2016 - End of Release Review Period

For more information about the Neon simultaneous release, see reference [3].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards
Bernd

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rAM-xb-zn9s739hdDF8iEpva6IT_EtVrIk0LH9B_Cyc/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/News/NewIn20