It's always possible to request an excemption from the planning counsil. For the case of the new LTTng XSD of 2.8 release I think they will allow us to have an exemption because we have had CQs for previous versions. However, we should not wait too long for that and it should be requested very soon.

In case it won't be allowed then we can disable the XSD validation for 2.8 till it is approved.

Bernd

On Mar 3, 2016 3:52 PM, "Alexandre Montplaisir" <alexmonthy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2016-03-03 02:50 PM, Bernd Hufmann wrote:
Hi

Just a reminder that CQ submission deadline for Trace Compass 2.0/Neon has
already passed (February 12th).

Any contribution that requires a CQ can only be integrated after Neon (and
after CQ has been approved).

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the reminder!

That is a bit regrettable though... As we discussed earlier this week, LTTng will break its MI interface in 2.8, and will require a new XSD file to be tracked on the Trace Compass side. This new XSD should be available with LTTng 2.8 RC1, which is still a few weeks away. It would mean that the Control feature in Trace Compass 2.0 would not support LTTng 2.8+ at all, unless we completely remove the XML output verification step.

I find it strange that external contributions are forbidden for close to 50% of the development window (~5 months out of 12).

Thanks,
Alex

Bernd