[tracecompass-dev] Thread Priority in KernelStateProvider

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Trace Compass and I looked into your great tool for some time now. I'd like to propose a change (or an enhancement) to the KernelStateProvider (org.eclipse.tracecompass.analysis.os.linux.core.kernelanalysis). I miss the current priority of a thread. In case of a sched_switch event the next_prio field contains the current thread priority. Of course the sched_pi_setprio event (only applied from a thread on itself) and a change of priority from the usermode (most likely a syscall, and again applied on itself) must also be taken into account. In your opinion, is this a worthy enhancemet? If so, I'll look into it a bit deeper trying to provide a patch?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Chris

Back to the top