Cheers,
Alexandre

[1] Latest Orbit build: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20140525021250/

On 2014-11-25 11:31 AM, Shariyar wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to introduce a new plugin for Tracecompass, called TotalADS
(Total Anomaly Detection System). Here is a brief introduction:

TotalADS is a novel framework for automated host-based anomaly detection.
TotalADS is an open source tool developed as a plug-in for Eclipse. It
integrates different anomaly detection algorithms (or techniques),
different trace readers and a rich set of trace views in one common
platform.

Currently, TotalADS encompasses three different algorithms, such as
Sequence Matching (SQM), Kernel State Modeling (KSM), and Hidden Markov
Model (HMM). It supports execution traces and logs in CTF, XML and text
format. It also supports live anomaly detection using trace streaming along
with real time training and testing.

TotalADS also extends another Eclipse plugin called Tracecompass by using
the rich set of views present in it for the visualization of traces, such
as control flow of processes,resource usages and etc.

TotalADS has a number of applications, such as automatic detection of zero
day attacks, diagnosis of anomalous paths in failure traces, and diagnosis
of performance faults in the system.

TotalADS is extendible through simple Java interfaces: new algorithms and
trace readers can be easily added.algorithms and trace readers can be
easily added.

Here is the wiki of TotalADS:
https://github.com/sshahriyar/org.eclipse.tracecompass/wiki

The fork repository of Tracecompass and the new plugin TotalADS:
https://github.com/sshahriyar/org.eclipse.tracecompass

TotalADS adds four new plugins to Tracecompass, namely:
  totalads.core
  totalads.core.tests
  totalads.ui
  totalads.ui.swtbot.tests
TotalADS does not make changes to the source code of existing plugins of
Tracecompass except adding references to the plugins where necessary.

Screenshots are available here:
http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~abdelw/sba/totalads/features.html

A Use Case:
https://github.com/sshahriyar/org.eclipse.tracecompass/wiki/Use-Case

Let me know how can I push the code for review.

Regards,
Shariyar