Re: [tools-pmc] About LDT joining Oxygen late

> Fellow Tools PMC members,
>
> According to the Planning Council (PC) list, see the thread beginning with
>
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg02684.html
>
> they would like to "hear from the Tools PMC" about LDT joining Oxygen,
> and, I assume, from our PC rep (Doug) that we approve and formally
> request an exception to the "M4 rule".
>
> I suggest we just take the following posting to ldt-dev list as their
> "request to us" and then that we approve it and then that Doug follow-up
> with the PC list.
>
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ldt-dev/msg00087.html
>
> The note explains it is "a bug fix release" so I would not think there
> is much risk. I am unsure if anyone else depends on them.
>
> Here is my +1.
>
> Anyone know of a reason not to? If anyone needs more information from
> LDT please initiate that discussion with them.

+1 from me.

For just a bug fix release, I think it should be fine.

There weren't any commits to project from Sep. - Dec 2016 and recent ones
are from the same author so  that could explain things [1].

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/ldt/org.eclipse.ldt.git/log/