From: titan-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:titan-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Frank Rehberger
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:24 PM
To: titan-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [titan-dev] Request for comments: Titan Installer Script

Hello Titan-dev group,

I am new to the Titan-project; reading the installation howtos, I poured the details into a small script to automate the Titan-installation process of the Eclipse-IDE and the Titan-binaries on Ubuntu/Debian.

The installer-script is located/accessible at github, so everybody can benefit and participate.

https://github.com/frehberg/ttcn3-titan-installer

It is possible to execute the script directly using the following
curl-command:

curl
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frehberg/ttcn3-titan-installer/master/install_titan.sh
 -sSf | bash

The script will check for the presence of certain deb-packages, then downloading the latest packages of Eclipse, Titan-Plugin and Titan-binaries.

Finally the TTC3/Titan-tooling will be deployed in the following
directories:

    eclipse:  ${HOME}/ttcn3-tools/eclipse
    TTCN3 titan.core:  ${HOME}/ttcn3-tools/titan.core/Install

And the corresponding environment variables will be added to ${HOME}/.bashrc

And a startup-script will be placed at: ${HOME}/bin/titan-ide

Please let me know if anything is missing, or could be improved.

Please do not hesitate to file issues using the github-issue tracker or contributing new features/improvements using a github-pull-request.

Enjoy

//frehberg