Re: [technology-pmc] Vote for Committer status for Jonah Graham was started by Erwin De Ley

Hi Erwin,

Please help me further understand the issue.

On 10 Jun 2016, at 21:25, erwindl0 <erwindl0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If this is not sufficient as merit (i.e. only historical merit tracked in eclipse tools is acceptable for some reason), we'll take the overhead of handling this in another way.

This information is not available to us or anyone else not previously working with him in the old tools. It would help if this information can be made available when nominating someone as committer.

After reading this:

At today's unconference in Toulouse, Jonah has kindly offered to migrate previous work into Triquetrum, on a specific way to integrate between Java & external Python processes.

It seems that Jonah is working on a new component of the project. It's totally fine to bring in new committers working on new components. It's even easier if the component is already existing and is being made open source / transferred to the Eclipse project.

In this case, I would suggest the following process:
- file CQ with old work
- make sure to document his commit/author activity on the CQ
- start committer process referencing the CQ

Thanks!

-Gunnar

Back to the top