Re: [smarthome-dev] Deprecating the Eclipse Forum

> If the Eclipse Foundation won't host any modern forum software…

Well, we can also comment on the Bugzilla issue and vote for having a Discourse forum setup for Eclipse - this would be actually my favourite solution, although I wouldn’t want to push it, if other projects don’t need it and the webmasters want to get rid off the maintanence efforts. And I wanted to first find concensus on what we think is best.

> isn't Google Groups still better then using Github issues?

Not sure. I personally hate the UI, it is pretty outdated and not intuitive or modern. Github would have the advantage that discussions can be nicely linked to issues/PRs and we wouldn’t have yet another tool.

> What has been the pains using Google Groups for openHAB?

I do not recall all details. But it was not really easily possible to categorise posts, nor to check what is new/unread and there is no way to have notifications (just all or nothing). After switching to Discourse, I didn’t hear a single user that would have liked to stay on Google Groups instead…