[smarthome-dev] ECF Python OSGi Services

Hi Smarthomers,

Since ECF remote services/RSA is an OSGi specification impl the below announcement about a Python provider for OSGi Services is relevant to all OSGi-based frameworks, including Karaf and Smarthome.

One question: Does there exist somewhere a target platform that includes a) the version and flavor of Karaf that Smarthome 2.1 is using; and b) the 2.1 version of Smarthome and it's non-Karaf dependencies. Thanks,

Scott

ECF recently released version 3.13.7 (Oxygen).

One highlight of the release relevant to this community is that the ECF RS SDK and dependencies are now available via Maven Central [1]. This is also reflected in our Karaf install [2]. As well, all our distribution providers...at both Eclipse.org and our github org [3] are now built with Maven.

As another highlight, recently there has been work on the Jax-RS provider [4], upgrading the Jersey-based provider and allowing Jax-RS features and extensions via declarative services.

Finally, new Java<->Python remote service distribution providers are available [1]. These providers allow OSGi services to be implemented in Python and consumed in Java, and/or to be consumed in Python and implemented in Java. The OSGi service dynamics, classloading, security, use of DS and/or other injection frameworks, versioning, etc is all available to services implemented in Python. See here [5] for a short tutorial.

Scott

[1] http://eclipseecf.blogspot.com/2017/07/ecf-3137-oxygen-maven-and-python-osgi.html

[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EIG:Install_into_Apache_Karaf

[3] https://github.com/ECF https://wiki.eclipse.org/Distribution_Providers