Re: [smarthome-dev] author tag

This is our agreed upon code style, see https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/guidelines.html#a-code-style.

It is related to the discussion about the license headers: Since we do not list the code authors within the JavaDoc license header, we instead use the @author tag for this purpose (which makes it easy to do auto-updates of the license headers).
The VCS info is imho not enough as when you are distributing the source code, you do not necessarily also re-distribute the VCS history.

Regards,
Kai