[smarthome-dev] Moving from Bugzilla to Github issues

All,

I have approval from the IoT PMC to switch our project from Bugzilla to Github issues - this feature has been activated today already!
We will have to manually migrate all open issues now, that might be a bit tedious, but I think worth the efforts.

I have created https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/560 to revert people directly to Github now, so that we should not have any new entries in Bugzilla in the future.

Some things we will still to have sort out is to define a good set of labels (at least for the components we had in Bugzilla) and how we can best handle issue assignments, since it seems so far only be possible to assign issues to committers on the project, but nobody else.
But I think these are minor things that we can discuss and adjust while we are going - leaving Bugzilla behind is imho a big and important step for the project, since it now goes much better together with the PR handling.

Regards,
Kai

Back to the top