From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonah Graham
Sent: 03 March 2017 10:15
To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [science-iwg] OpenChrom - KNIME

On 3 March 2017 at 09:47,  <Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DAWNSci was never licensed under GPL. I never quite figured out why people went around saying it as our license was stated clearly on the web site that it wasn't.

While DAWNSci (and January) was never license under GPL, the code came from GDA which was (and still is according to website[1]) GPL. For example what is now January datasets were GPL 5 years ago [2]. On the way it spent a little time as Apache [3].

Perhaps you could talk about that part of the journey?

[1] http://www.opengda.org/
[2] https://github.com/DawnScience/scisoft-core/tree/0aea1f9bedee290e85fde8c659b73ba73e331c35/uk.ac.diamond.scisoft.analysis/src/uk/ac/diamond/scisoft/analysis/dataset
[3] https://github.com/DawnScience/scisoft-core/tree/b51acbb9d44fe98ebcf10bd13b11c53fd7add653/uk.ac.diamond.scisoft.analysis/src/uk/ac/diamond/scisoft/analysis/dataset