Using EAVP in KMIME is exactly what we're trying to implement today.

Best,
Philip

Am 03.03.2017 um 10:47 schrieb Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Philip,

DAWNSci was never licensed under GPL. I never quite figured out why people went around saying it as our license was stated clearly on the web site that it wasn't.

I looked at KNIME when working at the ESRF but went what is now Triquetrum. At the time I looked at it, the plotting and part of the UI in KNIME was JFreeChart and Swing. Perhaps KNIME could use EAVP for plotting now?

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philip Wenig
Sent: 03 March 2017 09:31
To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: [science-iwg] OpenChrom - KNIME

Howdy,

as mentioned earlier, we luckily received a grant to combine KNIME and OpenChrom.

https://www.knime.org

Since Wednesday, Martin Horn from KNIME and I hacked a while to combine both tools. Good news - it works well, see attached screenshot. We are able to run in both modi:

OpenChrom inside of KNIME
KNIME inside of OpenChrom (screenshot)

Is this also interesting for other projects?

Sure, KNIME has some functionality in common with Triquetrum/Ptolemy.
But there are also some differences, as far as I understand:

      * KNIME offers no support to control hardware devices - Triquetrum/Ptolemy does, am I right?
      * KNIME has a rich workflow editor, which possibly could be re-used by Triquetrum/Ptolemy.

Currently, KNIME is licensed  under the GPL.
I'd really appreciate if they would switch to EPL or even better, become a member of the Eclipse Science TLP.

@Matt:
DAWNSci was licensed in its early days under GPL too.
Could you make some statements why Diamond Light Source eventually chose EPL instead?

Best,
Philip

--
OpenChrom - the open source alternative for chromatography / mass spectrometry

Back to the top