Re: [science-iwg] Simulation Framework - SOFA

If it is of interest, I could ask the coordinator if he has time for a chat.

Best,
Philip

Am 13.02.2017 4:52 nachm. schrieb Christopher Brooks <cxh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Interesting!  It looks like their tool is primarily C++ and is Cmake-based.  Searching their website for Eclipse does not bring up many hits, but it looks like Eclipse would be used via Cmake.  They create a scene graph that is in an xml file.  It is not clear to me what sort of GUI they have, perhaps the various projects are putting different GUIs on the engine.  The Wikipedia page says the work is GPL and LGPL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_Open_Framework_Architecture)

Clearly, they have some very advanced algorithms.

Ptolemy II has a model of computation based on Java-3D that uses block diagrams to create scene graphs, though the physics are non-existent or at best very primitive.  So, in theory Triquetrum could some day be used to create block diagrams that would generate scene graphs.

_Christopher